You read it right! It is a FREE wedding. Actually it is better than free*. You may be asking yourself, “Why are you doing this?” and “What’s the catch?”
Well, here it is. We want to help couples get in a right relationship with God. Often couples will WANT to be married, but the cost of the wedding keeps them from doing what they know is the right thing before God.
Here’s the catch:
- There are 6 open times/dates in the fall and 6 in the spring. So the availability of this program is limited.
- The wedding dates are held secret until they are announced in a church service, usually 4-5 months before the open dates. Once the dates are made public, registration is open.
- Applications are received by appointment, Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-2:00pm. Call or email for an appointment.
- Only when the application is submitted is a couple registered allowed to choose their date and time from the available list. (no holds)
- Wedding slots are filled first come first served. (no holds)
- Part of the agreement is to complete a 6-week premarital counseling class with our pastor. (smart couples will seek pre-marital counseling even if they are not part of this program) The classes meet on Sunday Nights from 5-6:30. Any absences or excessive tardiness will result in dismissal from the free wedding program.
- All weddings are performed by our pastor, you may not use your own pastor.
- We do not provide receptions, nor are there rooms for rent on campus for receptions in this program.
*Normal weddings ($1,500 ) require the wedding party to provide their own flowers which can be VERY expensive, on top of the wedding fee. Plus, couples in the free wedding program receive a counseling completion certificate from our pastor that is good for $60 off the marriage license fee.